Thursday, December 18, 2008

Some Pio questions

I'm still puzzled about Padre Pio. So some questions:

John 23 thought Pio was a fraud. JP2 visited Pio fairly early in his career. Apparently Pio told JP2 that he would be Pope someday. What influence did this have on JP2

JP2 pushed for his cannonization, when many were opposed.

How thorough is a review for cannonization by the Vatican, especially when the Pope is pushing hard?

Are cannonization proceedings made public?

As to Pio "gifts" I see no evidence that could be accepted by any reasonable neutral, fair minded, person that they were real. No tests were ever made of his "transverberation"(indeed HOW could that be tested?). I guess if you say you have that phenomenon , you have it?

The stigmata? How was that tested? Why did the hands and feet show no signs of peircing after his death and exhumation?

Was his bilocation tested? If so, how?

Could he fly? One "witness" said he could. Was that tested?

On his miracle of raising the dead child in a suitcase, what evidence was found? Certainly the church should use this. It could create millions of converts.

The same for seeing without having pupils in the eyes. What evidence was found for that? Again are we losing millions of converts by not thoroughly documenting this?

Is the official position of the church that the bodies of saints are not corruptible? If so why did Pio's head have to be reconstructed in wax after his exhumation? Do pilgrims know that?

Why are tickets sold to view his remains? Seems a bit crass.

In sum, other than the testimony of a few, what reliable evidence is there for his "abilities" and "miracles? Certainly if the church had real evidence on any of these things they would want to publicize them most widely. Have these been reported in any scientific journal? If so has this changed the face of science as they should?

It seems to me that the 'evidence' of Pio's abilities and miracles, might not even be acceptable to reasonable people of the first century.

I am quite aware that this will not be answered. My big concern is B16 going to Pio's site. After his really excellent analysis of Fatima, I hope he might just stay clear. But no. Too much pressure, I assume.

4 comments:

  1. Seek and you will find Jack but not necessarily in this life time!

    God Bless,

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found, Victor. Pio was just what John XXIII thought.

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got back from our Canadian Capital City of Ottawa and go figure Jack, our Prime Minister The Right Honourable Stephen Harper was too busy to see me but I did get to meet a Cuban body cell. This body cell told me that he meant Fidel Castro from a distance. I kid you not! When I turned fifteen on the day of my birthday of April 17,1961 approximately 1,400 members of a CIA-trained Cuban exile cells force landed at the Bay of Pigs. Forget about asking the Usual Sinners cause they will just deny "IT" :)

    On the lighter side Jack, Is not thought a wonderful thing? My spiritual imaginary godly friends from the hotel of fools say that after I die, there's a good chance that all of my thoughts could become (Reallity).

    I hear ya Jack! On second thought, that sounds crazier that what His Holiness John XX111 thinks.

    God Bless,

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'd better also write something about the fact that St. Therese Martin's face and hands were also encased in a wax mask.

    ReplyDelete