Thursday, April 16, 2009

Episcopal blogs

I think blogging is fading, but is still a great thing. All kinds of people, interests, points of view etc. So I am going to take a little tour of Episcopal Church blogs. Okay call me a troll, although I noticed many bloggers list dozens of blogs they follow. I have ben following about 5 blogs. After checking about 30-40 Episcopal blogs, that is blogs that list Episcopal Church as an interest, just some preliminary observations.

I do not mean to be difficult, but there are so many variations of Episcopal (at least interest in) blogs sometimes I get confused. Most are primarily about something besides the Episcopal Church. Gardening, pets, Benedictine spirituality, cooking and on religion, mostly about Buddhism.

The big name Episcopal/Anglian blogs are very difficult to get on. Some you have to get and display an Episcopal decal to make a comment.

Some are never at home.

The 'biggies' are a tad clanish. One of the biggest refers to its commenters as "our community." And if you go to that one you had better be a community member or you will get trashed.

As an Episcopalian for over 6 decades, I hope this trip down memory lane will be educational and fun. So far, Okay. Jack

3 comments:

  1. Have you checked out jdlegends.com, they are hosting mark chesnutt in concert on may 30th, at their ohio location this should be fun. check it out at www.jdlegends.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm gonna make my own blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. по моему мнению: прелестно! а82ч

    ReplyDelete