Friday, December 18, 2009

Oral and Glass Houses

As a catholic, I have to put up with our treacherous hierarchy. So some time ago I checked on the Anglican blogs. Man, was it interesting! Have you ever heard a catfight. Multiply the fight by the millions and you have Anglican blogville.

Of course, one blog stands out. I won't name it because tthe 'owner' is well---I hate to say it---not too stable and he might get depressed---for the 500th time.

There have been some comments on the death of Oral Roberts on the blog I'm writing about. But, and this is amazing, the blog owner can't see he is the Anglican oral. Why?

Well, first he runs a prayer site. His followers run to their computers and type "Prayers ascending." As of this time, God apparently has not caught the ascending prayers. Just like Oral, this blog is a bit fuzzy as to what has been achieved by the ascending prayers.

But the blogger is a siamese twin of Oral in soliciting money from the faithful. And get this!!!You can send him money for his "ministry" using PayPal. Yeah, that's right!!! Now at least Oral and most of the TV preachers decided a few years ago to reveal their finances--of the ministry, that is. But not this Anglican blogger. He doesn't give the faintest hint as to his collections and where the money goes. Just like Oral in the old days. Send me the money. Don't ask questions!!

Now, I don't know how his Church views this sacred panhandling. I know his blog "community" loves it. The blog owner, at times prints one of his sermons and the "community" literally faints with excitement. The "community" is well worth studying. There's a witchy old lady in the southern states of the US, and a ango-catholic in Chicago, I think, who feed the blog owner's ego in extremis. Oh Yeah, the blog owner ignores Bach, Mozart et al and is madly devoted to Rock-and-Roll.

So get to that blog and have a merry Christmas. Hey don't forget to send that money---by Paypal.

26 comments:

  1. You do seem to be unduly worried by this blogsite. Why bother? Why put yourself through the hassle there? Why not let it go?

    Life's too short. Instead of wasting your time commenting there why not put your energirs into a creative post here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Satan doesn't work that way DP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DP, I'm not sure what you are saying, to whom? Winter break at school, so a little slow in responding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am worried about you Mark. I am worried that this crusade is not good for you emotionally and I wonder why you put so much into it when there is so much that is more worthy of your attention, creativity and effort.

    David, that may be so but how long should one persevere when one has already said what one feels needs saying several times?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, DP. I'm really NOT obsessed with that blog. But it does need to be called out. The owner and his followers have a hard time with the truth, much less faking Christian sentiments. My family and I are Catholic, and there is so much to critisize there. We thought an Anglican blog might be better, but, frankly, the Anglican blogs are much more vicious. I know what you are saying, but crooks and fake piety deserve a response. I'm getting married in the spring, so maybe i'll have other interests:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on that. I'm sure you will!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why are you OBSESSED with "ALL THINGS ANGLICAN" ...sounds like you need a keeper!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Knows what the TRUTH IS< ....UN fortunately!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. David, I am not obsessed with "All things Anglican." But I do think the Anglican bloggers are just too much. Not you, of course. But maddy and the gang. I assume maddy makes a nice bundle each year from the community.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you marrying one of your own personalities? That should work. You've always been a wanker.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would maddy preside---for a fee, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First things first, Mark. Mimi is genuinely good folk, the "witchy old lady" being the creation of misplaced misogyny. The principle "Who lies with dogs shall rise with fleas" does not hold good for her or for many of those, Doorman Priest include, who burn incense to Fr Hagger's ego.

    As to which, bear in mind the wartime cartoon, "Calm yourself dear - even Hitler can't be scum and dregs" and take things easy. Seems possible from recent comments at Of Course I Must Be Right that the diocese of Newcastle may have been paying attention - if so, why not leave matters in their hands?

    Incidentally, Mark, were I a betting man, I might go heavy on the identity of "Hugo Donny Asians". If you were aiming to get someone's attention, you may have succeeded.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mehitabel, I have a guess on "Donny."

    Mimi has changed. A couple of years ago she was independent. Now it seems to me she has become MP's cyber slave. But I will reexamine the situation on your judgment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mark

    I hope you had a merry Christmas and will have a Happy new year.

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hank, thanks. I've got a big year. Hope you have a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You said: "I'm really NOT obsessed with that blog."

    Could have fooled any of us.

    You said: "But it does need to be called out."

    And I suppose you are Superblogger or God or Jesus Christ, here to save us from ourselves, right?

    Yeah. Right.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wonder why the "nuts" who come here sign "anonymous." I guess because they are afraid of little ole me. They apparently are afraid of the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You still haven't owned up to the fact that you're lying about who you are, John, and you also have not indicated why you think you are a bastion of morality.

    Are you an angel come to earth? Are you St. Perfection and you can judge other people at whim? Do you have a personal mandate from God to do this?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anon, I never claimed sainthood. I just say MP makes a complete fool out of his 'community.' Amazed they can't see how they are 'played.' Well, as Barnum said,there's one born every minute; or is it everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You may not have claimed sainthood in so many words, Johnny, but just having this blog indicates that you think you have a right - a moral right - to criticize Jonathan and the gang.

    You are in no place to talk. You need to look at yourself and what you're doing. You're a compete nutbar and you need help.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Maybe you'd like the Stand Firm in Faith type of Anglicans better than the crowd around Jonathan. Why don't you go hang out with them for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think the "stand firm" Anglicats are crazy. But why do the more reasonable(if they are reasonable)have to be represented by an ex-truck driver, megalomaniac, psycho like MP---and his weird cult. Doesn't give an observer much choice, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Here's the thing - if churches waited for only truly sin-free and perfect priests to fill their pulpits, then said pulpits will be quite empty for a very long time.

    And that goes for your Catholic church too. Whatever else he is, Jonathan isn't a child molester, and there are plenty of Catholic priests who cannot say the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Although I am very surprised that you have not accused Jonathan of being a child molester. I suppose it's just a matter of time before you get to that point.

    ReplyDelete
  25. No, I do not think MP is a child molester. I think he is a failed truck driver, who tried to improve his lot by becoming an Anglicat priest---a job in which he has also failed and now wants to make a living out of running a blog church. Really not bad for an admitted mental case.

    ReplyDelete