Thursday, April 14, 2011

College search

I'm coming back to my college suggestions, analysis, and opinions. For the past few days I have been reading 6 of the so called "college guides." They're all good. Of course, personal opinions are all over the place; but I don't think that's bad. In fact, it can be helpful.

The only drawback is the guides are not completely up to date. For example, almost all in material on Antioch College in Ohio which is now closed. But this little lag in information is not significant. After all almost all our colleges have been around for decades. I doubt if they change must in a year or two.

A couple of e-mails I've received ask me to state my 'preferences.' I think I've touched on them , but let me restate.

I favor small liberal arts colleges; not more than 5000 students at most.

I favor attending a school away from your home city.

I favor attending where you would fall , not at the bottom of the applicants, and not at the very top, but somewhere in the top 30 per cent.

Be back soon. I have almost caught up with your e-mails.

No comments:

Post a Comment