Friday, January 23, 2009

After 50 years. No Answer

Just a few brief remarks on the abortion issue. I have discussed all aspects of the issue in other posts.

One: There can be no argument that the church, historically, and at present has a strong anti-sex position.

Two: The natural law argument , that is, that the sexual act must always be open to procreation is based on nothing but a desire to paint sex as bad. The logic is clear:Sex acts must always be justified by the possibility of pregnancy.

Three: The church's assertion that any male ejaculation outside of the vagina and that a 15 year old masturbating are "highly disordered" actions is absurd.

Four: The church's teaching that all of God's specially chosen (priests) as well as the unmarried should avoid or sublimate all sexual desires is nonsense as well as impossible.

Five: It is noteworthy that these sexual 'rules' are all promulgated by celibates who have sworn off all sex thought and actions to be close to God.

AND NOW THE BIG QUESTION!!!! I have tried for 50 years to get an answer to the following: If abortion is murder at all times and in all circumstances, why are those murderers who have abortions not punished as we do all others who commit murder. Oh, I know they might be under pressure. But does pressure justify MURDER. I have never gotten an answer, and am sure I won't.

8 comments:

  1. My big question: Why are you Catholic if you have so many problems with its teachings? Being a cafeteria Catholic doesn't help the Catholic population in the least. There are plenty of other religions that allow the "freedoms" that you so desire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Those who perform abortions are not charged with murder because our legal system is not flawless. Why was the Holocaust allowed to continue for as long as it did? Poorly formed consciences. But they will be charged accordingly in the next life. I've no doubt of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea, your comment was totally non=responsive to my question. I assume you have no answer. You prefer slavery; I prefer freedom. BTW I assume you accept Vatican2, or are you in the cafeteria line. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where does it say in the fundamental doctrines of the church that a Catholic has to accept everything the Vactican II implies? It was a pastoral council. Nothing more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, you are a "cafeteria catholic." Vatican2 has no authority? Prove that. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please enlighten me. What exactly does Vatican II say I have to believe/accept that I don't? Why don't you do the proving for a change. It always seems to be opinion with no backup in your arguments. Any proof I give will be automatically dismissed by you as false, as previously noted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea, you were the one who said Vatican2 was not binding.Give examples. Explain what you mean, if you can. Was Vatican1 binding? Btw you have never answered my first question: Why does the church not want women who have abortions tried for murder? Jack

    ReplyDelete