Friday, January 9, 2009

The Power Brokers

I think some readers of my blog believe I am anti-catholic. Of course, this is not so. I am very anti-clerical, that is the use or mis-use of the church's power to maintain the absolute power and authority to protect the priviledged position of a small group of celibate men.

As history has progressed and women have been seen as equal to men in almost all areas, it is very important for the priestly celibate class to, by all means possible, maintain its superior position. History clearly shows that the church has had a strong anti-female position along with a strong anti-sexual strain. I will deal with both. But as to women we need look no further than JP2 who clearly recognized the historically anti-female position of the church. Unfortunately he did very little to change the position of women in the church. Or to be more accurate did nothing to change the anti-female practices of the churh. In fact his barely veiled conservatism has set the cause of women back.

Just a quote or two from the past. Saint Jerome: Women are "the devil's gateway, a dangerous species, a scorpion's dart." Saint John Damascene: Women are " a sicked she-ass, a hideous tapeworm, the advanced post of hell." Saint Thomas Aquinas: Women are " misbegotten and defective." Pope Gregory the Great: Women have only two uses, "harlotry or maternity." Just samples.

Society today has changed. But the church still does not allow women any say in the church. ALL decisions are made by an almost completly dominant legion of celibate males, pledged to lead a totally sexless life. Women as the bearer of children is still the principal doctrine of Rome.

Now my point here, and afterword, is that celibate male dominance is of the utmost importance and benefit, psychologically and in terms of material advantage,to these celibate clerics, and the church clerics are in full force to protect their dominance of women by claiming the superiority of the male .

As Sipe writes: The Augustinian equation is "sex=plrasure=women=evil." And again celibacy is not the problem but "a power system using celibacy for the domination and control of others."

1 comment:

  1. I’m I dreaming or is it you again Victor!

    Keep UP the good work Jack!

    Keep testing them cause me, myself and I have also got a close eye on them.

    These so called aliens are either with Jesus The Christ or else they snuck in the back door and that's a no no as far as Heaven is concerned.

    My imaginary blessed spiritual friends have looked into your heart and they tell me that you really are a good man but enough is enough and two wrongs won’t make ONE Right!

    Keep UP the good work Jack cause there is no way out for these souls and spirits who think that they've found a short cut to Heaven.

    As far as Adam and Eve is concerned well that's really none of my business unless Our Heavenly Father and/or His Holy Spirit really does call me cause ever since one of my daughter told me that I wouldn't be happy until I destroyed my entire family. Well to make a long story short, you’ve probably heard that I dismantled my chapel cause it's really none of my business what God does. I don't think that He'll ever want me to get involved cause I would honestly destroy this world and rebuild “IT” UP AGAIN.

    Jesus said Love one another as I have Loved you but I'm sorry Jack, if sinner vic takes over this world, “IT” will become History and that's putting it mildly!

    I hear you Jack! Have you been drinking again Victor?

    What difference does "IT" make Jack?

    God Bless,

    Peace

    ReplyDelete