Thursday, January 22, 2009

I AM A SNOB!!!!

Okay, humility is not the first impression I make. But I am a SNOB---a catholic snob; like so many I see on the internet. The death of Neuhaus kind of made me think. What I know of Neuhaus, he was a smart-alec snob. Another than a Republican (pew), I think that is all he will be remembered for.

But isn't our Church full of snobs.

We scream with laughter when Oral Roberts sees an 80 foot Jesus, BUT many of us believe the sun fell toward the earth at Fatina. Hmmm? Or at least we argue over Fatima but just laugh at poor Oral.

We laugh at Benny Hinn when he heals a sore arm, BUT seriously debate Padre Pio's raising of the dead child in the luggage. Hmmm?

We laugh at the TV preachers, BUT seriously debate whether Pio can be in the Artic and the Sahara at the same time. Hmmm?

We laugh at Oral and the TV boys collecting millions to advance the cause of their ministries, BUT think nothing of the Billions and Billions of dollars collected at Lourdes and Fatima. Hmmm?

We laugh at 'prayer cloths' and faith seeds, BUT gratefully receive two onces of Lourdes water to heal our cancer. Hmmm?

We laugh at 'penties' speaking in tongues, BUT can't wait to debate whether plastic stutues really cry blood. After all Pius XII said they do. Hmmm?

Well I could go on, but isn't Neuhaus just Hinn, Roberts, etc with a bigger vocabulary and a smart-ass tongue.

4 comments:

  1. I guess most of us all have smart ass tongues on occasions cause are we not all (A)nnoying (S)uper (S)inners compared to our Lord and Savior Jesus The Christ?

    They say that the funniest material is found on the insanity line but then who can laugh all the time at us SNOBs while we’re walking that line?

    One of the funniest nowadays would probably be of Jesus literally sweating blood while He was Praying in the Garden for His Heavenly Father to take away His Crucifixion.

    I hear ya Jack! Go figure! What will these so called Christians come up with next that we should all believe? Never mind cause I’m sure that sinner vic has already come up with a few goody goodies already if you ask me!

    What do you mean by that Jack? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean by that Jack? :)

    can you please explain me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I just think that people write and dont really have much to say. Not so here. You definitely have something to say and you say it with style, my man! You sure do have an interesting way of drawing people in, what with your videos and your words. Youve got quite a one-two punch for a blog!
    miami new car search

    ReplyDelete