Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Worst Blog

I have been blogging for going on three years now. I do not believe I have ever devoted a post to discussing another blog. However, at this time I feel I must call a blog to the attention of any who pass here.

The blog I am speaking about is run by a rather 'strange' Anglican priest who has gathered about himself a group of people he refers to as "the community." A support group. A strange group indeed. The apparent purpose of "the community" is to keep the priest in good mental health by catering to him in ways that are often embarrassing.

I have just had an exchange with one of his "community" in which the member uses every blog 'trick' possible to not admit she acted in an bizare manner. She did this by putting on her blog a small part of an exchange she had with me on the "community" blog. She did not respond to the more egregious comments she had made on the "community" blog.

Now, of course, to cover herself, she has cut off any further information or discussion. I know what she has done. I think she knows, but on the theory of some bloggers. the more strident your comment the more people will believe it.

The real sad thing about the priest's blog is that it claims to be about religion. Yet the attitude of the "community" reminds me of Newman's reply when ask to toast the Pope. Not the exact words but: I toast the Pope, but to my conscience first.

The motto of the community is: I toast the truth, but to my "community" first.

Yes, I will continue to go to the priest's blog. As Menken said:"Why to people go to the zoo?"

9 comments:

  1. If you consider that the "worst" blog, you must not read many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. I only follow a few blogs everyday, but they often lead to another blog. I follow mainly RC and Anglican blogs. So let's just say the "worst" so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do we have link or name for this blog.

    I missed it why the name change from Jack to Mark?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hank, the catholics gave up. Now the Anglicans are chasing me. Had to change to Mark to escape. That is also the name of my stepson.

    I don't know how to "link", but the blog is called Mad Priest.Be careful, they really don't like Catholics. But it's kind of fun. If you say something about the blog owner, you'll really get it or get deleted. Mark-Jack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hank, I have a 'summary' of this worst blog on my post entitled"The Case of the Curious Cleric." Scroll down a bit. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hank, an update. The thread that has the 43 comments had 80 comments earlier this afternoon. Mad Priest has eliminated 37 because they did not agree with him. He left two of mine on there, by mistake, of course, since "Jack" or "Mark" have been banned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My nominee for worst blog:
    'liberal catholic sports music'

    Why do I go here? Why do people go the zoo? Why would someone actually join a church they loathe so completely?

    Answer: There is a caché to being a bitter 'recovering' Catholic. The only catch is you have to be Catholic first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, you naughty "anon." It is obvious I am much more Catholic than you. I don't hate you;I feel sorry you're so dumb.Let me soften that.I feel sorry you can't think for yourself. A frightening medical condition. So I will light a candle for you, praying the Almighty that you can recover from your ignorance(in the best sense, meaning "not knowing."). God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anon, give me credit. I have used the "zoo" comment (Menken)many times. Give one of us credit. Peace

    ReplyDelete