Monday, July 6, 2009

Priestly sex advice!!!

Any of you who have stopped here since I've had this blog know that the "seamless garmet" of Cardinal Bernadin was supposed to be about "life" issues. All the way from contraception to abortion to war to the death penalty. What I've heard of Bernadin he was a fine man.

But the Catholic "seamless garmet" to me is the SEX IS BAD garmet. I'll take that up in more detail tomorrow or so.

But before I start I must bring a little reaearch I've found on the Catholic attitude to masturbation. Or more directly, Catholic thoughts on how not to masturbate brought to you by the Inexperiened (or Experienced?) Catholic clergy.

My favorites:

One. When taking a shower, imagine worms are crawling up your legs!!!!

Two. Just discovered today, a priest's advice to a 13 year old boy masturbator.

A. Stay out of the shower.
B. Stay out of your bathroom.
C. Stay out of your bedroom.

These suggestions are not jokes!!! They come from a Father Groom(I think that was his name) on a catholic young persons answer site.

I should add most of the discussion on this subject deal with whether masturbation is a straight to hell(mortal) sin, or how many times you have to do it and what you are thinking about when you do it, to move it from the venal to mortal sin.

Keep this in mind for tomorrow's post. Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment