Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Open Letter to Chaput

An Open Letter to Archbishop Carles J Chaput.

I not sure exactly how to refer to you---the most exalted, your lordship or what---so for the sake of informality I will just, as I want to be personal, refer to you as "Chubby."

I noticed you have recently answered a hypothetical question as to "Is the church obsessed with sex?" Your answer was something to the affect that since society is sex-mad you need to speak out against this obsession.

May I suggest that YOU are the one almost totally obsessed with sex. In a negative manner, yes, but still obsessed. I have hundreds of friends over the years and I am not aware of any who said at a young age "My life is going to be devoted to sex actions and thoughts."

Now, Chubby, on the other hand, you said at one time that for the rest of your ("natural"--quotes intended) life you would completely refrain from any sex activity, indeed any sex thoughts, because only by doing so can anyone hope to reach the closest union with God. This is clearly shown in the catholic catechism. This refraining from ANYTHING even remotely related to sex is most clear in that only those who do so can be given any sacred powers by the Almighty. And as you also know, sex MUST always be open to having children; that no male orgasm can occur outside of the women's vagina, that the universal practice of masturbation by young men is "gravely disordered", if not a sin; that all unmarried persons must repress or sublimate any sexual thought, much less sexual action. You also insist, with no evidence whatsoever, that Mary, the mother of Jesus, was a perpetual virgin, and you recognize that only the tiniest percentage of saints were married because I assume of their lust for sexual pleasure.

So you say 99.999 percent of the World's population is your probable inferior in that such a percentage probably reflects those who have, at least, sexual thoughts, if not sexual actions.

So my question to you, Chubby, is who has an obsession with sex?

Now as to controlling these vile sexual thoughts I would suspect you support our church's position on 'corporal mortification." As a person who has children what do you suggest as most effective in curbing the evil of sex actions and thoughts?

One, self flaggelation which the church does not condemn. As you know one of our earlier saints whipped himself over 70,000 times in three days. Would you recommend this?

Two. the wearing of chains and cords and ropes tightly binding body parts to the point of causing bleeding in some cases as Opus Dei recommends and whose founder is a saint.

Other painful or punishing acts such as sleeping on hard floors at least twice a week, denying yourself water on the hotest of days, as Our Lady praised the Fatima kids for doing. Do you have other suggestions? Remember they must be uncomfortable, and , at best, quite painful.

Leaving actual physical acts of inflicting pain on oneself, should I advise my sons to think of 'fecal matter' if they have a sexual thought as priests are so advised or should such thoughts arise while in the shower should they try as hard as they can to imagine worms crawling all over themselves, which some catholics recommend.

I know, Chubby, you are into heavy matters like how to make all people in our country follow your personal views (fears) on sex and almost all other matters, but any of your suggestions would be enlightening as you are a 'pastor' as well as the only legitimate voice in your area on moral matters as your good friend, the bishop of Scranton, Pa. has made quite clear. Jack

3 comments:

  1. Jack! Jack! Jack!

    Please slow down a little! This post sounds to me like you’re going to exit soon and you’ve got to set the world on the straight and narrow as quickly as possible.

    >So my question to you, Chubby, is who has an obsession with sex?<

    Well you’ve made it clear to me at least that he has an Opposite Obsession to “IT”

    >As a person who has children what do you suggest as most effective in curbing the evil of sex actions and thoughts.<

    Hey Jack, it can’t be done cause we’re all bound to bate the master on occasions but two wrongs will never make “ONE” Right so all we can do as Good Catholics is pray and hope for the best.

    >Do you have other suggestions. Remember they must be uncomfortable, and , at best, quite painful.<

    Jack, this reminds me that in the late sixties I decided to make some physical sacrifices but I knew that God still loved me if I didn’t do them. As a printer for the government I use to sweat a lot in my private area and scratched so much that it bled. To make a long story short, I took care of my scratch by putting after shave lotion on it then to save more souls I switched to heat ointment. To make another long story short Jack, it was proven to me that I saved souls and some of them even turned against me but Jesus eventually put them in their place.

    In closing Jack, I’ll say that it’s clear to me and many others that you really love your sons and want the best for them but I ask you not to fret so much about getting permission from any one on whether or not it’s ok to bait the master. As a good Catholic just place them in Jesus’ Hands and He’ll take good care of them and they’ll eventually reach their Heavenly Jack Pot.

    I hear ya Jack! Victor, how many times must I tell you to mind your own business?

    Ok! If that’s how you feel, I’m not coming here no more! :)

    I'm not laughing SAV! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victor,

    Who's 'hating (baiting) the master?' I think "Chubby" is. He obviously is obsessed since he must spend half his time beating himself. Or maybe he is one of those very rare phychological enuchs who psychiatrists study. Personally, I think Chaput is a sick fraud. Hey, I did love your 'scratch' story. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought spiritual sinner vic was tough but next to you Jack, he's just a pussy cat! :)

    God Bless,

    Peace

    ReplyDelete