Sunday, November 25, 2007

Excuses, excuses.

Of course, power is the key. Frankly, like Hitchock, I'm afraid ot the police. They carry firepower om their belts that could blow me from here to eternity. Would they punished. Probably not, because the policeman would claim I reached in my pocket, which was a threatening move. The policemen know that they have the sympathy from the public. I thought of this as I read a comment on another blog throwing out excuses for clerical sexual abuse. It was from my favorite "catholic" apologist, who pretends thoughtful neutrality but always comes down to defend any catholic abuse, one of the true old time bigots.

I notice in my diocesan paper a slap at Vatican 2 hinting that pedophiles were spawned by that Council. What rot!!! I lived as an adult throught the fifties and sixties (and since) and the church had its wierdos then as it has today. The only thing today that is different is that some persons are willing to speak up.

Please, make no mistake. The ultra-conservative wing of today's church is fighting for many things. And one and a prominent one is the right of a cleric to do what he wants and NOT BE HELD ACCOUBTABILITY, as their special relationship to God entitles them. This of course will not be read by may favorite bigot. If by chance it should be he'll toss you a German word, pretend to be objective, and come out with his backup excuse. Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment