Tuesday, August 25, 2009

DOXY!!!! Mad Towers

The editor and I have a tough one today. For some reason I can't get to "Doxy's" blog. You notice I am not using the first part of the blog name because I can't get in for some reason, so I'll try to reconstruct the character. If I attribute something to Doxy and it came from someone else let me apologize to the "someone else" right up here.

I first came across Doxy in the "neighborhood" when she told a 20 year old friend of mine she had never met he had a small penis?? How she knew this, I don't know, but it's quite a good and useful gift for any women.Then she started to give a day by day count down to her upcoming marriage. It was sort of like the ball dropping in Times Square to bring in the new year. Finally the day of her marriage arrived and the dropping balls must have falling right on her thighs. She had always referred to the man she was marrying as "Dear Friend." That's the only name I know of her husband. Some told me she did yell "O LORDY...." when the balls dropped a few hours after the wedding. What that meant I don't know. Maybe a replacement for "dear friend." BTW there were pictures of the wedding reception, but I can't remember seeing Doxy; it seems like all the pictures were of Mimi.

Anyway she has a reputation as a tough cookie. She once told about her son, from a previous marriage, and his friends talking in front of her about "yanking off" or "whacking off. That shocked me. Can you imagine when you were in your teens and your mother told you to do your homework and you replied"Sure, but let me yank off first--just take a few minutes."

Of course I'm way too wimpy. But do you like to think your parents"did it" before or after you were born? Disgusting!! I refuse to believe Queen Elizabeth has BM's. And the Pope falling in his bathtub!! Dirty proestant lie. His Holiness has NO bady parts---he is just a head on top a white cassock! He doesn't take baths; they send him to the dry cleaners!!

The big scene in the book involving Doxy is the Library Scene. A little background. The ladies of the Mad Tower neighborhood meet once a week in the Mad Tower library to discuss a religious/theological book. This has been going on for years. So far they've read all of C.S. Lewis's books----each one at least 15 times. In fact that is the only writer they have read in their book club. After all, forget Kant, Hegel, Hume,Spinoza---hell, all you need to known was a baby named Jesus was born a couple of thousand years ago, and C.S. Lewis proves, without any doubt the baby grew up to be God, or the Trinity or the "ground of all being"--you name it--He's IT. Few know this, but word reaches me that Mad Towers has, in a silver and glass case, the tongue ofC.S. Lewis. Yes, and it has not deteriorated one bit!

Well one day recently the club met to start the 16th reading of "Mere Christianity." AND, get the drama, Doxy shows up with a copy of "Lux Mundi!!!" A fight ensues. Tea cups are knocked over, some of Mimi's tea leaves are trampled, one of the ladies faints but her life is saved because her head strikes a needlepoint Jane Austen pillow that has fallen on the floor during the scuffle!!

And then as Doxy flauts out to go back to Dear Friend or OH LORDY she screams: AT THE NEXT MEETING I'M BRINGING "FROUDE'S REMAINS!!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment