Friday, June 5, 2009

You insist. 2009 Religion Rankings.

Every 10 years since 1950 I have published my "Religion Rankings." Several e-mails have come my way requesting I release a new list. So I will.

I basically use three criteria.
One. A coherrent philosophical/theological pattern. The emphasis here is on being half-way reasonable in light of modern thinking.
Two. A sound and active ethics both personal and public.
Three. An acceptable aesthetic tradition, on the grounds that the "good, the true, and the beautiful are linked together".

Each of these factors is considered but none is absolutely determinative.

I only "rate" so called "Christian" religions.

So starting at the bottom with the worst Christian religion in the world. Based on my personal observation and study.



Latter Day Saints (Mormons). The ultimate fusion of way out science fiction, crazed beliefs, and utter nonsense. That this group continues to grow shows that, after centuries or more of learning some still hold on to utterly mindless, almost pre-human world views. Not much on ethics either personal or public. A decent Choir, and a couple of pretty good buildings. Would rather your daughter marry a cross dressing, transvestite, commie spy than get entangled with this group of crazies.

3 comments:

  1. Actually I'm thinking of putting my daughters on e-bay. With the economic downturn I may have to let them go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doorman-Priest,

    I put in the "what if your daughter" thing, to make the ranking more practical. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'd like to congratulate you for such a terrific quality site!
    Was thinking this would be a perfect way to introduce myself!

    Sincerely,
    Robin Toby
    if you're ever bored check out my site!
    [url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/bachelor-party-supplies.html]bachelor Party Supplies[/url].

    ReplyDelete